Friday, May 29, 2009

Act. Famous Women. Scene. And them.

Lights up.

A catastrophic bang of multitudes beyond comprehension.
Time bends around us as we see light make shapes on the windows.
Tears fall from the ceiling.
Their sadness is all enveloping.

From the mirage appears a young woman.

Her name is Eve.

She steps up to the Mic. 

Eve. Oh, the stories you have been and the legends you have told,
begin and end and go around back again into a tiny little fold 
Where i find myself curled up; cozy, seemingly waiting to die.
You see, my dear, I know you do not love me. 
I cannot help, though, but try. 

She dissipates into oblivion.

History purges a woman from her pages.

Delilah appears. 

Delilah steps to the Mic.

Delilah. Oh, my Samson. Your hair Your hair Your hair Your hair.
My love for you has been there and there and there and there
Under the pillow where I swear I swear I swear I swear
My love for you.
Which has no, and I promise you this, has no end. 
It was with ernest that I stole those scissors from a friend. 
And with joy I separated those lovely hairs from your head
Then I realized my love for you was gone.
And I sat there.
Like a stone.
In bed. 

END

1 comment:

Jamie Hergott said...

good stuff...inspired by regina, perhaps?