Thursday, April 9, 2009

Act. And I wonder Scene. As I wander

Lights up.

An interrogation room.
But also a stage somehow.
Really it's a therapy session.
The therapists name is Dr. Kerogudkfhldkahich III.
He specializes in people.
People who are plain people.
People who are nothign else but people.
People who are perfectly fine... but are JUST people.
In our world today that seems to be something frowned upon in most casses.

His first client walks up to the microphone.
His name is Chuck.
Chuck has an overbite.

Voice (the Dr.). Whenever you're ready, Chuchk.

The voice is loud and booming and scares Chuck.
He begins to Shake.

Voice. It's okay, Chuck... I'm here. We've been through this before. We can do this.

Chuck. Ok. Ok. Ok. Ok. (DEEEEEEP BREATH) I want to be happy. I want to stop feeling so sad. I want to stop remembering what it was like before the accident. I think that if I forget what it was like before I was unhappy... I wouldn't think about that time I was happy so much... and I wouldn't have anything to compare this unhappiness to... and I would think that it was normal and I was happy now. And I would be able to grow. And I would be able to love. And I would be able to see. And I would be able to let go. And I would be able to to be happy. And I would be able to be happy. And I would be able to understand happiness. And I would be able to say fuck ya'll. Because that's what I wanna do. That's all I wanna fucking do. say Fuck Ya'll. To those who I gave more love to than gave love to me. To those I spent countless nights with and got nothing back. To those who I laid in my bed with used my arm as a pillow and I didn't complain when it fell asleep because I knew it mad you comfortable. Naw. Naw. Naw. Not any mo' mothafucka. This getting's got to git got. And check it right heah. I'm gonna by the one ta led it drop. See? I'm gonna be the one ta take the stand. I'm gonna be the one that will say FUCK YOU when I see you coming to my door again. FUCK YOU. You ain't welcome here no more. Maria. If you can hear me. Hear this. You can kiss my shinney white nigga wanna be ass. I hate you maria. You stole my family. You stole my friends. You stole my life. You stole my happiness. You were the acident. I wish I could forget what life was like before I emt you. Maybe. then. Just FUCKING maybe I would give you a chance to come back in my life. (Beat) I remember the nights when we would jsut hold each other and hold each other till the cows come home. You 'member that Maria? When I would stroke your hair? When I would lick your ears? 'Memba that one time, Maria when I was stroking your hair and you said 'stop it' and took my hand and put it on the bed. That hurt Maria. That fucking hurt. That's how this boy rolls. But Maria... damn. You never love me the way I love you. And that's what I need. You hear? That's what this boy fuckign needs. I need someone who can't live without me. I need someone who LOVES the taste of my mouth. I need someone who wants to live inside me. Someone who can't keep their hands of my COCK. HA! DAMN Maria. You none of these things. I sho did love your pussy though. Taste like honey. Warm wet honey that dripped drop dripped drop. You dig?

Maria comes on stage.

Maria. What you RIVING at today, Chuck?

Chuck. Get outa here cunt.

Mara. Oh no. NONONONONONO. You ain't gonna do this to me boy. You ain't gonna do this. 

Chuck. Shut the fuck up.

Maria. What you want from me?! huh?! What you want!?

Chuck. I want you to love me.

Maria. I don't.

(BEAT)

Chuck. Then maybe you should leave.

Maria. Maybe I should leave.

(Nothing happens)

Chuck. Why ain't you goin' nowhere?

Maria. I be here first.

Chuck. Fucking bitch.

Maria. Bitch this bitch that. You just mad because you love me. I ain't never tol you to love me.

Chuck. No one ever asks to be loved.

Maria. You ask to be love. all the fucking time. When you fucking me. Pounding down at me like I'm a sack of dead meat all you say is LOVE ME MARIA LOVE ME.

Chuck. Stop it Maria.

Maria. I ain't love you chuck. I ain't EVA gona love you. That's just how this cookie crumbles. K?

Chuck. SHUT UP.

(BEAT)

Maria. I'll tell you this Chuck the duck. You ain't eva gona find love. And you know why? Because you SPECT it. you spect it to just come on and drop right outa the sky and into yo lap and it ain't gonna do that. That ain't how love works. You walking around here like you someone. You ain't no one. You ain't no one chuck. You gota shitty messy slimy stinky nasty disgusting studio apartment. No one gonna love that. You hate yoself. No one gonna love that.

Chuck. All you eva did was point out all the bad shit about me.

Maria. So?

Chuck. That hurt me, Maria! K? It hurt me real bad.

Maria. Get. Over. It.

Chuck. I hate yo.

Maria. Yo said yo loved me.

Chuck. I was lying befo.

Maria. You ain't never lie a day in your life.

Chuck. That ain't true.

Maria. Bullshit.

Chuck. I lied about all the bad things so you would love me mo.

Maria. Bullshit.

Chuck. You can sleep at home tonight.

Maria. I was planning it. 

Chuck. And while you're there alone in your own bed. I don't want you to think of me. I don't want you to think of all the fun times we had. I don't want you to think of all the laughing we had, Maria. Because those times. Those are my times. You don't deserve times like those. YOu don't deserve those because you takes advantage of me. You out there with all those other guys kissing on them and blowing on them and touching on them. And you ain't eva get they first names. And here I am. Chuck. A man who loves you and you don never once touch me the way you touch them. How do you think that makes me feel? Makes me feel like I ain't got no name. Like I ain't got no face, Maria. And I need a face. I need one real bad. Because this one, according to you, be ugly. I feel it maria. My face be trippin. It be slipping off. Melting. I need a new face. And I ain't neva gon find a new face if it be with you. I hate you, Maria. I hate you. So much.

Slowly through the past scene the stage has turned into a volcano. And then into an island. And then into the ocean. And then into the Moon. And then into Kelly's A200 class in a half hour where he will fail his midterm. Then a sack full of shit. Then a toilet bowl. Then a wad a gum. Then an ant hill. Then another ocean, but not the same one from before. Then my old house. Then on top of my old dog, cody, who- And I'm convinced of this to this day. Was the only thing that was ever living and breathing that loved me.

Maria has disappeared. 

Chuck is by himself.

He speaks into the microphone.
Chuck. How'd I do doctor?

No answer

Chuck. Doctor?

The Doctor has died.
He had a brain aneurism .

Chuck. Shit. Not another one. All I ever wanted was someone who loved me. Someone who can't live without me. I want that. I need that. People be so lucky when they find that. I ain't never going to find it. Ever.

END

No comments: