Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scene. Unrequited. Act. Fuck this shit.

bird is sitting on a branch. 

bird sits there for a while. 

Bird flies up and lands next to it. B Bird is very tired. 

Bird. Hi.

bird. Hi. 

[Silence]

Bird. Nothing?

bird. What?

Bird. Nothing? Not a hug? Not an 'Oh, I'm so excited to see you?'

bird is silent. 

Bird. Okay.

[Moment of pausing silence]

Bird starts to fly away.

bird. Where are you going?

Bird. I am sick of this. I am so fucking sick of this. 

bird. What?

Bird. All of this. I am sick of falling in love with people who don't love me back. I am sick of loving people more than they love me. I am tired of putting all my energy into something that feels like a black hole? Where are you!? Where did you go? You certainly aren't here anymore or I would see you, I would feel you. I can't believe- You know you are- It's just... You are something else, My friend. You are. 

Bird pauses.

Bird. And I hate myself... but I can't stop loving you. But I need to know you love me too. 

bird is silent.

Bird. I hate you. And I hate me.

Bird flies away. 

END

No comments: