Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Act. Aly. Scene. Vador.

Lights up.

We see the shinney outside of elevator doors.
Just cleaned.
Real bright.

A man with a briefcase comes and presses the button for the 18th floor.

When he releases his finger the button does not stay lit.

The man stands for a moment longer than he usually does.

He looks down and notices that the button is not lit.

He presses it again.

It still doesn't light up.

He presses it and holds it.

Lets go.

No luck.

He starts look around frantically.

We hear his brain audibley thinking.

Brain. Stairs? What? No. I'm a full grown man, I am not about to take the stairs. And arrive at work all sweaty? Puh-leeze. I guess I could just stand here like I have been waiting this whole time and then when someone else comes they will notice that something is wrong and when they ask if something is wrong I would say pardon? and they would say it's not lit and I would say I hadn't noticed and then they would seem like the worry wart and not me I would just look l ike a chill casual guy waiting for his elevator that actually doesn't work without a care in the world. Yes. This could work. That is what I will do.

He casually stands.

Still.

Still.

Still.

It's been nine and a half hours.

Man looks around.

Brain. No doubt I may be a tad late for work. But this has all been worth it. I wonder where everyones at. I wonder what is up with this elevator. I wonder...

The man looks at the shiney doors and then proceedes to pry them open. As he opens them so does a black whole that engulfs him, his breifcase, his brain, his thoughts, his stomach, his clothes, his hat, his tie, his heart, his love, his kindness, his ignorance, his racial tenencies, and, no doubt, his tardiness.

END

No comments: