Sunday, November 23, 2008

Act. Maybe it means Scene. Something else?

A girl stands on stage.
She has her keys in hand.
It's attached to a lanyard.
She speaks.

Girl. So here are my keys, right? I only have three. Is that sad? I'm not sure. Anyway- I have three. One is for my car and the other two are for my apartment. They both don't get me through my front door though. One is for my door and the other is for the laundry room. You see, I live in this big house that used to be just a house, but then got sectioned into several apartments. I'm number 4. And this one gets me in that door, and this one gets me in the laundry room. Which we all share. It's coin operated. It pisses me of sometimes. I hate going places and asking them to give me change for like... a buck. So when I don't have enough quarters laying around I usually go and get some McDonalds and buy something that costs like 2.10 or 3.o5 so I get a couple quarts back. Thats all I usually need anyway. It pisses me off sometimes though when My hands are full, say I'm bringing some groceries home and I take out my keys and put my door key in and find out its my laundry room key. They are identical- except for the fact the laundry room key has the smallest 'L' engraved on it. It's hard to see. So when I have groceries that I bought for myself and I try to unlock the door to my room apartment where I live by myself and I see that I put my laundry room key in... well... the Other day I looked down and saw the 'L' and was like "fuck!". Then I got to thinking... Maybe the L doesn't mean 'Laundry' maybe it means something else? Lonely. Or maybe Loser. Or maybe it just means Laundry. 

I don't know.

END

No comments: